Kathua rape case: Resignations of J&K BJP ministers accepted

Hugh Fox
Апреля 16, 2018

The resignations of Lal Singh and Chander Prakash Ganga were received from BJP state chief Sat Sharma this morning which were immediately accepted and forwarded to Governor N N Vohra for completing the procedural formalities, they said. Madhav said the two ministers had participated in the rally to pacify the crowd. They had never supported the accused, the report mentioned. The PDP, according to insiders, has made a decision to press for the suspension of anti-militancy operations and also some forward movement on the agenda of alliance with BJP as soon as possible. Both the ministers had maintained yesterday that they had been sent by the party to Kathua to understand the ground situation. Several lawyers of the Jammu Bar Association had even prevented the investigating officers from filing the charge-sheet in Kathua district court last week.

He also referred to excerpts from the court's observation on the Unnao case and alleged that Uttar Pradesh had become "Ravana Rajya" for women, Dalits and farmers during the BJP rule.

After the meeting, Works Minister and senior PDP leader Naeem Ahkar, who is also the government spokesperson, "appreciated" the BJP support in the handling of the case which had caused fissures in the alliance. The victim later told media persons that Prime Minister Narendra Modi's Thursday statement that the guilty will be brought to book was very reassuring and that he now hoped that justice will be done in her case.

"We appreciate our alliance partner who helped us in this case". I see that as a confidence-building measure. Shashi Singh, 52, was questioned at the CBI's Lucknow office before her arrest.

Читайте также: Pro-West Djukanovic set to be Montenegro president

She had also said that a sense of justice was reinforced in the state and has urged New Delhi "to wake up to the Kashmir cauldron".

According to police charges, the minor from the nomad Bakerwal community was kidnapped on January 10.

The 18-page chargesheet in the Kathua rape case stated that the girl was gangraped inside a temple, where she was confined using sedatives. The girl's body wasn't found for seven days after her disappearance.

При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2018 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.

Код для вставки в блог

Other reports by

Discuss This Article