Jayalalithaa refused to go to hospital, Sasikala tells inquiry commission

Noel Cummings
March 23, 2018

The affidavit retraced some crucial phases in the life of the late CM particularly the last one and a half years.It says that since Jayalalithaa came out of Parppana Agrahara prison where she was incarcerated after being convicted in the disproportionate assets case, Jayalalithaa was ailing.

Jayalalithaa was admitted to Apollo Hospital on the night of September 22, 2016 and passed away on December 5, 2016. Sasikala said she rushed to her help and helped her get to the bed where she fainted.

Sasikala, in an affidavit filed before Justice A Arumughaswamy Commission, who is now investigating the death of Jayalalithaa, said, "Jayalalithaa was unwell and called for help when she was in the bathroom on the first floor of her Poes Garden residence".

Sasikala has said that she took Jayalalithaa to the hospital even though the former AIADMK chief did not want to be taken for treatment, The Hindu reported. On the way to the hospital, Jayalalithaa regained consciousness and asked where is she being taken.

Two ambulances from Apollo hospital were called and Jayalalithaa was carried from her bedroom in an unconscious state on a stretcher. Sasikala also claimed that former Tamil Nadu CM's deteriorating health was the reason that she was rushed to the hospital.

Severe weather threat ends overnight
The timing for our possibility of severe weather will be from around 2 AM through 6 AM with the storms moving from west to east. Schools are closing early in the southeastern United States because of the threat of severe weather including tornadoes.

It seems true while considering the fact of Natarajan and his Mannargudi family's sudden entry into the picture who had surrounded Jayalalithaa's body, despite being thrown out not to seen again anywhere near her when she was alive. Despite receiving bail, the case continued to be a source of constant stress for the then Chief Minister.

Sasikala had given the Commission a list of 20 different doctors from Chennai, Mumbai, and Kolkata, who had earlier treated Jayalalithaa.

Sasikala says that after the serial had ended, she had turned off the television using a remote. Doctor has asked me to stay for a few days. However both the leaders have said they were denied access to Jayalalithaa in her three months in hospital. This is based on video evidence obtained at the hospital. Once in the hospital she gradually recovered.

The details of the affidavit match the statement given by the former Chief Minister's driver. His marriage with Sasikala was presided over by DMK leader M Karunanidhi with the latter handing over the mangalsutra to him.

Other reports by

Recent News Articles

Discuss This Article